1. Register for the event. You pay a $10 registration fee, which will help us cover the administrative costs of maintaining the site and organizing the event.
2. After registering, you can create your own fundraising page. Have others interested in doing the walk/run with you? You can also create a team page where you can collectively raise money.
3. Download your official NLN bib and some fun signs to encourage you along the way.
4. Spread the word! Tell friends, family, coworkers, therapists, and anyone else you think might be interested about your fundraising page and ask them to support your efforts to better your health and spread awareness about lymphedema.
5. If you use Facebook, like our page: www.facebook.com/NationalLymphedemaNetwork. Post a picture of yourself wearing your bib or walking/running-we want this to be a way for patients and advocates to encourage and support each other! Not on Facebook? No problem, we still want to cheer you along! Send your photos or updates to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll share them with our community.
6. Put on your good shoes. Run or walk a 5k (3.1 miles) or a 10k (6.2 miles) anytime between now and the end of May! Don’t forget to download our race bib and encouragement signs!Together we can make a difference!