Alison was born and raised in Los Angeles and now calls Garden Grove his home. He is an honors graduate from the University of St. Augustine where he obtained his Doctorate of Physical Therapy. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in chemistry from UC Santa Barbara, where he was a teaching assistant and led student lectures on Human and Exercise Physiology. He then went out to obtain a Masters of Science degree in exercise physiology from San Diego State University where he graduated Summa Cum Laude.
▪ Spine & Ortho Rehabilitation
▪ Injury Prevention & Sports Rehab
▪ Exercise Management for Chronic Illness
1) How did you get interested in Physical Therapy? When I made exercise and fitness and permanent part of my life, on my way to reaching my goal of losing 100 lbs!
2) What do you enjoy the most about being a PT? There are a few things I enjoy about being a PT, but one thing I enjoy most is the positive and empowering atmosphere/environment I get to be a part of.
3) What have you learned while working at Progressive PT? I have learned a lot since starting here at Progressive PT especially my ability to communicate and connect with my patients, which is a key component in the rehab process.
4) What is your philosophy when working with patients? Everybody is different; their height, weight, PMH, pain scale, goals, physical abilities, etc. I try to tailor each treatment and program to each individual patient.
5) Do you have any pets? Unfortunately no, but I love dogs.
6) What do you like to do for fun? I like to stay active and I am game for almost any physical activity, but my main three activities are cycling during the warmer season, skiing during the winter season, and weight lifting all year long.
1) Favorite saying: “If you don’t fine the time, if you don’t do the work, you don’t get the results!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
2) Personal mantra: I have two: “I take one step, then another, then another.” and “I radiate positive energy. I attract positive energy.”
3) What did you want to be growing up? I don’t know actually. My dad was a bit overbearing and always insisted I should become a medical doctor and never really let me think about something I may have wanted to do instead. I’m glad I ended up in the medical field and really like the choice that I made. Of course, I am a Doctor of Physical Therapy.
4) Best vacation spot: My home country, Vietnam.
5) If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? Dinner. I fast 18-20 hours and eat once a day, but I eat whatever I want.
6) First concert you attended: My first concert was Drake at Sun God festival in UCSD.
7) What is the most recent app you have downloaded but have yet to use? Adidas Confirmed.
8) Something high up on your bucket list: Skiing in Sweden and Heli Skiing.
9) What is a fun fact about yourself? My birthday is January 23rd so 0123. So easy to remember!
10) Something you would like to learn to do: I would love to learn how to play the piano or a cool musical instrument.
11) What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Cleaning up after people!
12) Favorite sports team: Born and raised in LA, so the Los Angeles Lakers.