A native of South Orange County and lifelong dancer, Anna earned a double major at UCI with a BS in biologic science and a BFA in dance performance combining her passions for biology and dance. She completed her doctorate of physical therapy at the nationally ranked University of Northern Arizona. Anna attended Aliso Niguel High School and danced at the Maple Conservatory in Irvine.
▪ Dance Injury Prevention & Rehab
▪ Sports Injuries & Orthopedics
▪ Movement Disorders
▪ Joint Hypermobility/EDS
1) How did you get interested in Physical Therapy? I grew up dancing so I always loved movement, and as I went through school I developed an interest in science, particularly biology. There is a clear connection between these in physical therapy so it felt like a natural fit.
2) What do you enjoy the most about being a PT? I love the problem-solving aspect of physical therapy. We get to analyze a problem our patient is facing and come up with a creative solution that helps them move better and get back to their lives.
3) What have you learned while working at Progressive PT? I have learned so much from the other amazing therapists here, especially about treating specific patient populations including hypermobility syndromes, concussions and sacroiliac joint dysfunction.
4) What is your philosophy when working with patients? My first step is always to listen to the patient’s story, and I ask lots of questions to get the full picture of what is going on. I center the patient’s care around their goals and focus on treating their specific impairments. I also want my patients to take an active role in their care, empowering them to take charge of their own well-being.
5) Do you have any pets? No but I love dogs and used to do a lot of pet-sitting!
6) What do you like to do for fun? I love hiking and spending time outdoors.
1) Favorite saying: When a patient tells me they are feeling better, I always say “Music to my Ears.”
2) Personal mantra: Be someone your younger self would be proud of.
3) What did you want to be growing up? A professional ballerina, a teacher, or a writer.
4) Best vacation spot: Alaska.
5) If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? Trader Joe’s hatch chile mac and cheese.
6) First concert you attended: Taylor Swift
7) What is the most recent app you have downloaded but have yet to use? I don’t have enough storage on my phone for new apps 🙁
8) Something high up on your bucket list: Yosemite National Park.
9) What is a fun fact about yourself? I played piano and violin growing up.
10) Something you would like to learn to do: Bake a pie from scratch.
11) What chore do you absolutely hate doing? None, I actually love doing chores
12) Favorite sports team: UC Irvine Basketball! Zot zot zot 🙂