Michelle, an Orange County native, became interested in physical therapy by following and integrating her two passions of both physiology and exercise. She graduated from the University of Colorado at Boulder with a Bachelor’s degree in Physiology.
After graduating from the University of Colorado, Michelle moved back to California to obtain a Doctorate in Physical Therapy from the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, in San Marcos, CA. She graduated from St. Augustine with high honors in 2019.
▪ Musculoskeletal Pain
▪ Functional Fitness
▪ Orthopedics & Sports Rehab
▪ Equestrian Injury Prevention & Rehab
1) How did you get interested in Physical Therapy? I knew I had a strong interest in pursuing physical therapy as a career choice before even going into college. However, taking kinesiology and physiology courses, in addition to working as an aide in a physical therapy clinic, solidified my decision.
2) What do you enjoy the most about being a PT? Being able to make a positive difference in people’s lives and help them safely return to the activities and hobbies that they enjoy.
3) What have you learned while working at Progressive PT? I have learned an incredible amount! Most importantly, I learned the importance of being an active listener, remaining observant, and teaching.
4) What is your philosophy when working with patients? It is imperative to look at the big picture (body as a whole) and not focus on one part.
5) Do you have any pets? I have a horse named Bonnie. I have had her since she was a baby, so I had the privilege of training her myself and watching her grow up into the sport horse and athlete she is today. Random, but I also have a 25 year old Russian desert tortoise and she’s awesome!
6) What do you like to do for fun? If I am not at work, I am likely at the stables! I have been riding horses for over 20 years and in my spare time I enjoy training young horses and teaching horseback riding lessons. With teaching, I emphasize bio-mechanically correct posture and technique to bring out the best in both horse and rider.
1) Favorite saying: “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.”-Anthony Robbins
2) Personal mantra: Be present in every moment.
3) What did you want to be growing up? I always knew I wanted to be in healthcare. Becoming a physical therapist was always on my radar.
4) Best vacation spot: Anywhere that involves outdoor fun! If I had to choose my favorite place to go, I would have to say it is Yosemite.
5) If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? Breakfast! It is hands down the best meal of the day.
6) First concert you attended: I have actually only ever been to one concert- Jason Aldean. It was at the Empower Field at Mile High in Denver, CO.
7) What is the most recent app you have downloaded but have yet to use? Lyft- I have Uber already, but why not have both!
8) Something high up on your bucket list: Backpack from Mammoth to Yosemite Valley using the John Muir trail.
9) What is a fun fact about yourself? I was born on Thanksgiving Day, which is fitting because I love turkey!
10) Something you would like to learn to do: I would love to learn a new language, as well as brush up on my Spanish.
11) What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Laundry- it is the worst!
12) Favorite sports team: I have family from Pittsburgh, so I always have to root for the Steelers.